Wednesday, January 05, 2005

What are the odds?

Last night I went down to St. Cloud to hang out with my sister. It was a good time all around, but the best part BY FAR was going to see "Finding Neverland". The best way that I can describe the experience? Enchanting (Yes it's cheesy, but it's the most accurate description I can think of). This film should definitely win the Best Picture Oscar this year. If it doesn't, I want to see the movie that does, because it must be amazing. Finding Neverland is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I think it creates a new benchmark for the type of film that I described a couple of days ago, having both sentence and solace in large portions. Johnny Depp's performance is great, but he's overshadowed by the children in the film, each of which plays their role with wit and passion. I could go on and on for quite a while about this film, but I'll save you the time. Just seriously go and see this movie as soon as you possibly can. I don't care if you have to drive for an hour or two, it's worth it.

1 comment:

markymark said...

Alas, I did not cry, but I probably could have.