Monday, January 17, 2005

I can live with 42%

My Golden Globes score: 10/24 on who I thought would win
6/24 on who I wanted to win

Most of the major awards were fairly predictable. There was never any doubt that Sideways would win, and there was little that The Aviator would win as well. Jamie Foxx probably had a spot cleaned off on his mantel before he left for his new statuette. Leonardo DiCaprio was a little surprising ( Iwanted Depp, thought Neeson), as was Hillary Swank for Million Dollar Baby. My favorite surprise of the night was Mariska Hargity winning best actress in a drama, because I love her on Law and Order SVU (Let the comments about me being a corporate sellout, conformist, etc. commence). I was also happy to see ABC Sunday nights representes well, with two wins for Desperate Houswives and William Shatner taking home best supporting actor for Boston Legal.

Now it's Oscar time! If anyone wants to compete against me, I'll post information on how to do that once the nominees are announced on Tuesday, January 25.

On an unrelated note, it's good to know that ISD 181 finally got their act together AFTER I left. Thanks Walseth! Love you too!

No comments: