Thursday, January 27, 2005

The forgotten few

I would like to take this moment to speak on behalf of everyone who is not able to attend the "Chaz and the Jumper Cables" show tomorrow and say that people who do get to go should only post pictures if they have any, not write about how amazing it was and such, because frankly I don't want to hear about all of the fun people are having without me.

In other news, it's 8:36 and my roommate is asleep. I assume that he'll get up in a little while, but if he doesn't I'm gonna be piassed, cause then I can't do stuff like watch a movie or listen to music.

Tomorrow, I will be working from 2-10 PM, meaning that I'll do another Contemporary Lyrical Masters post. Let me know if you have any suggestions/requests.

I've decided that adding Nate Lucas to the thosekids blog will add more traffic to that blog than ever before. Maybe if I create a fake name and pretend to be him and post on this blog, people will read and laugh and then everyone will like me because I will be Nate Lucas. Or maybe not.

I'm getting bored with the Movie Reviews section for two reasons:
1. I have to actually think about the movie after I watch it
2. I have to post about it or people will stop looking at that page because new reviews are never added (which, judging by the poll that I added on there, has already happened)

On that note, I watched De-Lovely today, and it was a decent movie. Most of the music was good, and I liked how they had contemporary artists like Alanis, Sheryl Crow, and Elvis Costello perform some of the songs so that I didn't get annoyed with Kevin Kline's voice.Worth a watch if you like musicals, but don't expect the typical musical (not a-typical like Moulin Rouge, but different nonetheless).

If you make it this far in the post, congratulations! You made it to the end! At least that's what you think...

I got to meet one of my favorite artists last night, Chris Rice. Now, to most of you, that name means nothing, and I'm sure Hobson will leave some comment about how my taste in music sucks, but I could care less. I would describe him as acoustic/folk/pop, and he has a live album coming out in two weeks that I'm kind of excited for. Also on the horizon is a full album from Eisley, a group of sisters, a brother, and a friend that have a pretty cool sound that I don't think I could describe, but I'll get it anyway based on their two EP's.

In closing, my roommate is stirring, which means there is hope for a normal night at last.
Peace out.


No comments: