Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gettin back in the game

Is it Thursday? Really?

I am three days in to my home stand, and things have gone well so far. I've worked 27 hours over the last three days, but I'm not exhausted or anything. I didn't run today, but there were other factors involved in that, and I think I may have to just suck it up and run in the morning, because the end of the work day is so completely unpredictable, especially if I want to run before dinner.

My family watched the season finale of Lost last night, which was really good but left me wishing they had answered another question or four before abandoning us for 8 months.

I saw a truck with a sign on the back today that asked "How am I driving?" and had a phone number, which caused me to wonder how they got their license if they don't know how they are driving. Had the sign read "How is my driving?" I could answer that question (actually not really, since it was parked), but I cannot assert, based solely on the state of the vehicle and its position on the road, how you are able to drive. That's not my problem.

The next 10 days look like this for me:

Friday: Work
Saturday: Pack and move
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Pack and move
Tuesday: Pick up Katie from the airport, pack and move
Wednesday: Work and clean
Thursday: Work, Abby's graduation
Friday: Go to Seattle
Saturday: Autumn's wedding
Sunday: Fly back on the red eye, Abby's grad party

Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Language again astounds.