Friday, May 04, 2007

The Future is Now

And then there were none.

I just completed my last final, a group verbal essay test that took about 25 minutes and was quite easy. Now I have no idea what to do with myself. Sarah was asking me the other day what I wanted for graduation from her and John, and I told her I hadn't even fully grasped the idea that I was graduating, let alone that someone would give me something for doing so.

What a crazy life it is. My mom called me yesterday morning to tell me that my parents' house sold. Thus, I guess I would be OK if I didn't find a job right away, because she's going to need some help back home, what with them coming down next weekend for my graduation, having Abby's graduation and subsequent open house the first weekend in June, and closing the deal on June 8. There are no plans on where my parents and Abby will live for the summer as far as I know either, so that adds another wrinkle to the landscape. It looks like they will spend the summer building a house though, and it wouldn't be a terrible situation to end up helping with that for a couple months. I guess we'll just wait and see, since I still have no word from O'Charley's or the Ryan Company guy or Dapco Investments. Awesome.

The rest of my weekend will include packing up my room, hanging out, and watching Spider-Man 3 tomorrow night. I'm excited; I haven't been to many movies this semester, and this summer I plan on making up for it.

I should probably get back out to where my class is waiting for all the groups to finish in case they get done early. But that's where I'm at right now, counting down the days to graduation and the realization that Belmont, as a student, is behind me.

PS - As much as I feel bad for Ryan that the Mavs lost last night, the Warriors have steadily grown on me, and will be my team to cheer for out of the West.

No comments: