Tuesday, March 20, 2007

House of the rising sum

Apparently we hadn't decided to officially move out of our house until we all sat down and talked about it on Saturday (I kind of thought it was a done deal...). Anyway our landlord, Tommy, found out through the grapevine that we were planning on moving, and put the house on Craigslist Sunday night, wanting $200 more/month than we currently pay (which is what he did to us last year, except it was $300 for us). By yesterday, he had lined up two showings for this afternoon. I wasn't at home for the first one, but gave the tour to the second group since Tommy was a little late. They were obviously from Vanderbilt (there are no guys that huge at Belmont), and one's name was Thad (pronounced with a "th" like in "the"). They also made a beer joke, so obviously not from Belmont.

While all of this is happening, we've started looking in earnest for a new place. Our best option so far is on Granny White, about a mile from our current place, but we haven't heard back from the owner. Our next best is about ten miles down Hillsboro Road, basically just west of Cool Springs. We're going to look at it on Saturday, and I think it's a great option for us. Here's a link to some pictures and a description of the place: 128 Cavalcade Circle

And now I just had to give the tour again because a group of guys came over wanting to see the place again. I better not spend the next two weeks giving tours to anyone who wants one, cuz that would blow. Seriously.

Beyond all that, this week has been and will continue to be marked by a whole lot nothing. Of the seven class meetings that I attend over the week, three have been canceled. And, since three are already done, I only have one more class this week. I also have the SIFE regional competition all day Friday, which will be... interesting. I hope I don't die from boredom spending 13 hours with the SIFE team at Opryland (at least I don't have to spend all day on a bus or anything). If we make it as a team to the national competition, it's May 6-8 in Dallas, which has the potential to suck because that's smack dab in the middle of finals and right before graduation.

I have no motivation at this point to find a job. None whatsoever. There's a decent position at Sony ATV Publishing that I should have already applied for, but instead I'm sitting here, waiting for the last possible moment or inspiration to strike.

And now Quinn the Eskimo is here, so it's hair-cutting time (and I will jump for joy).

No comments: