Friday, December 08, 2006

Is it Friday? Really?

It definitely does not feel like Friday. Much more of a Saturday feel, if anything.

My finals so far have been pretty predictable. The only possible exception is that my Intellectual Properties final was a bit more technical and specific than I anticipated, hence it was a bit harder than anticipated. I'm not worried though, so you shouldn't either.

Last night was a lot of fun, I went to Brown's Diner with Ben, Kendra, Wade, and Julie before my final and had a decent cheeseburger and good conversation. Then the IP final. Finally, Dave and Julie Hunt had college students over to hang out and have a study break, so Ryan and I went over a bit before 9 and we were the first ones there for the first bit. Somehow the topic of "Die Hard" came up, and I was forced to admit that I had never seen any of them. This just could not stand for Dave, so I saw Die Hard for the first time last night, and it was so much fun to sit there and read subtitles as more and more people came and the room got louder and louder, and laughing at the ridiculous dialog and crazy explosions and everything about it. Overall, a great time, I'm glad I went.

Today was... good. Yeah, I think that's the right word. I woke up around 9 and watched an episode of Alias from season 4 (I am now on disc 4). It has become much better and more interesting as the season has progressed. Then I got to talk to Italian Jess briefly before she headed off on another crazy Euro adventure or something like that. It was at this point that a decision needed to be made: I could work on my investments paper, which needed to happen at some point, or I could watch Die Hard 2: Die Harder, which Dave was kind enough to loan me last night (along with Die Hard With Avengeance). Obviously, I chose Die Hard. The second one was almost as entertaining as the first, the only thing missing was the great European accents.

I had a meeting with Sara at Gotee at 1, which went really well. We talked about their Grammy noms from yesterday (they had two as a label), and what worked for my schedule next semester. Then she said, "So when was the last time we gave you new music?" I mentioned Sonshine, and she started throwing CDs at me. When all was said and done, I walked away with 8 new albums, most of which should be excellent. I have been telling myself for months that I should get the House of Heroes album "Say No More," and it's bomb. Period. I was listening to it as I worked on my investments paper tonight. (I am done with 2 of 4 sections, and over half the work is done I think!)

Tomorrow will be great, with Reverb and writing in the morning and early afternoon, followed by cleaning the house and getting ready for the party at 7 tomorrow night that will be awesome. If you're around, come on over to Christmas at the Beech, it'll be loads of fun. And there'll be food. FREE food. And Home Alone. Can you pass on that? I doubt it.

2 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess said...

I like that I am now referred to as 'Italian Jess.' This pleases me.