Wednesday, July 26, 2006

24 days and counting

Last weekend was a ton and a half of fun, it felt so great to back down there. The parties on Friday and Saturday went very well, even if I did lose both Trivial Pursuit and Beyond Balderdash to Timmy and his various comrades. I mostly enjoyed playing any sort of game with those guys, most of the time it's so hard to get them to do something like that. I was so tempted to stick around for an extra day and see Susan and have dinner with the gang at Jess' parents, but that wouldn't have been very cool for my dad, so I had to go home as scheduled.

I begrudgingly left Nashville at 6 AM on Sunday, arriving home at 10 PM. My car ran great the whole time (minor miracle), and I pretty much zoned out the whole time. The stupidest thing was there is one toll booth between Nashville and home, and it took me 45 minutes to get through. Uber lame.

This fall has the potential to be incredible, and the potential to... not... be (incredible, that is). I applied for an internship with Showdown Management/ Productions, which is a small company about 5 minutes from my house that would be a great experience. Hopefully I can pull that out, should know sometime soon. It will be weird not being on campus, having friends within walking distance. Now we'll have to plan times to hang out and stuff. Looks like I'll be throwing more parties this fall (if that's OK with the boys).

So why, you may ask, since I've been home for 3 days, have I not posted on here? That would be because I've been working.

A lot.

Today was 7-8 (AM to PM). That's after an 11 1/2 hour Tuesday and 9 1/2 hour Monday. Tomorrow isn't looking much better, but I've got to pay off the car repairs somehow (besides the donation my parents made to the cause). I might seriously go to bed right now. It's 9:45. Wow.

Completely random: So, Lance Bass is gay, which makes all of the Family Guy jokes about N'Sync true. I can't decide if that makes them more or less funny. I'll let you know.

No comments: