Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A day like any other

One thing about work that I like but don't is the whole dichotomy of it all. I don't necessarily want to work, but I need money so I work. And when I work, I am happy because I have money, but sad that I have to spend all day everyday working. When I don't work, I'm happy because I can do whatever I want, but I have no money, so that list is rather limited.

This week is one of the former weeks. It is Tuesday, and I have put in 22 1/2 hours so far. Each of the next four days should be at least 10 hours each. Great for the bank account, not great for the social life. Oh well, what can you do?

My parents and I are now close to 2/3 done with season 1 of Lost, and it's getting pretty intense/weird, but in a good way. Can't wait to finish it up and hopefully watch season 2 with Ashley and Jackie this summer so I can watch season 3 as it happens in the fall.

I am in the mood for a good new CD. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

My DVD binge has continued this week, with the purchase of Oceans 12 and the 7th season of Friends. Good Night and Good Luck is looking really tempting at Target this week for $10, as are the $5 movies at Best Buy. This is why I work; so I can buy movies. Splendid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAKED! comes out on the 20th. That will be a good buy. Also, Ayiesha Woods came out today in case you are having "Happy" withdrawls. haha.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

The new Dixie Chicks is soooooooo good! It isn't as country as the rest of thier albums. It has a little more edge and yet is a little more folk. It is hard to explain. But you should get it. Hope everything is going well with you! I met with Rebecca last night and she told me that we might have a community group get together when you come back! That would be fun!