Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Get that corn out of my face!

I'm tired. The last two days have both been 11 hours of work starting at 6:30. Tomorrow starts at 8ish, though, so I'll hopefully be able to rest up a bit tonight.

So I saw Nacho Libre this weekend, and I think I need to see it again before I make a final judgement. It was a lot like Napoleon Dynamite in that it was really odd to watch it, but talking about it afterward we were laughing at all the random things that happened. Best line?

The other brothers don't think I know a buttload of crap about the Gospels... but I do.

I've now seen the following movies on my summer list:
X Men United
Cars
Prarie Home Companion
The da Vinci Code
Mission Impossible III
Nacho Libre

Not bad so far, this weekend looks to be The Breakup, then I'm getting more excited for Superman Returns with each promo I see for it, so I'll be hitting that opening weekend most likely.

I added The Jerk, Waterworld, and The Phantom to my DVD collection today. The first because it's funny, the second because it's funny if you go into it with the mindset that it is, and the third because a. Billy Zane is ridiculously cool b. I loved this movie when I was a kid c. it was only $5.50.

While looking for the Gotee Records tribute album to DC Talk's Jesus Freak (which I didn't find), I picked up the new Keane album. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it has a lot of potential. I think it will be a good car disc.

I'm gonna get back to watching the NBA Finals, which have really been a great capstone on the whole playoffs this season. Game 5 in Miami was just plain sick, and at this point I don't think I care who wins. It's all good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nucleus quote sounds like Dwight, true?

P.S. If you haven't seen the TV show Arrested Development, get you some right NOW :-) Or maybe wait til I get back. Freakin Arrested Development marathon. I think the same. Hope you are well. I am, kind of.

markymark said...

I've always wanted to get into arrested development, just never had the chance... until now. I'm game.

and the quote is from nacho libre, not dwight. although, the new office webisodes start in a few weeks online, so maybe they'll throw that in for him.