Saturday, February 14, 2009

Textiles, nature, and overdue Meat

I enjoy the following things involving fabric:

1. Broken-in jeans. I'll get this out of the way, because who doesn't?
2. The dichotomy that new towels are super-soft but suck at absorbing water, and that it is only through getting them dirty and washing them that they learn to absorb better.
3. Wrinkle-free shirts that actually are wrinkle-free.
4. Over-sized blankets, preferably micro-plush. I'm tempted to get new blankets for my bed that are for a king bed so I can roll up into a cocoon on cold winter nights.
5. Anything that could be considered both a jacket and a zip-up sweatshirt. There are certainly items that fit in one or the other, but finding the right cross between the two is magical.

One thing I don't like about each element of nature:

Wind: It's penetrative nature.
Earth: That I have to mow my lawn. Well, at this point, I have to get my lawn mower fixed, pick up the leaves in my yard, then mow.
Fire: That, when fueled by natural gas, it's so expensive. So fricking expensive.
Water: It's penetrative nature.

So, what have we learned form this? I enjoy things that are soft, and I'm not a fan of penetrative natures in nature.

Listen to this song; they're a local band with a new album coming out like next week, and I'm a huge fan of their stuff:



And, finally, this movie comes out on Tuesday and I will Redbox-ing it asap:

http://harryallen.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/midnight_meat_train_ver2.jpg

1 comment:

Haley said...

5. I like your sweatshirt.