Friday, February 20, 2009

Say hi to your mother for me


I've decided it makes more sense for me to put my Song of the Post at the beginning so you can hit play and the music can add to your experience.

Midnight Meat Train has been out for five days now, and I have yet to experience its glory. I tried to rent it tonight, but apparently it's not available through Redbox or Blockbuster! We watched Max Payne instead, which was predictably rough. It's was a nice paycheck for my namesake though, so I felt a connection to it. Not his worst performance ever (I don't think anything can top "The Happening"), but still rough enough to make me cringe when anyone makes the connection.

Speaking of, I was thinking about it today, and when I write my screenplay and the film gets made, I think I should write it under an alias so as to avoid confusion. Any and all suggestions will be considered and are appreciated.

I'm off to Memphis tomorrow with Jon and Matt to pick up the bed Matt is getting from Tracy's parents for his wedding. And a trip to Memphis must always include GREAT barbecue! I think we're going to try and get into Rendezvous for lunch; not necessarily the best barbecue I've ever had, but certainly the best dry-rub.

I had the pleasure of starting a bit of a frenzy on the internet earlier this week. Well, frenzy might be overstating it, but I made an impression anyway. Ricky Braddy, who graduated in my class at Belmont, was/is in the top 36 on American Idol, and a bunch of his friends started thebraddybunch.com to help get him some exposure, as he wasn't heard on screen until his semi-final performance Tuesday night. Long story short, the production company got upset that Ricky's mom gave a shout out to the site on air and forced them to take it down. They decided to hook up with another website, but wanted to make it an adventure to get there, so they had me write a riddle to get people on the right trail. See if you can figure out what this riddle means:

A rose by any other name would still smell of spring
But a floribunda just doesn’t have the same ring
You won’t find Ricky in a triangle or box
But perhaps a floribunda for Curry’s Paradox

If you get stuck, go to www.thebraddybunch.com and follow the trail. Anyway, the people on joesplaceblog.com started digging WAY too into it, and making these deep philosophical assumptions about what the riddle REALLY means. So hilarious! Once you figure out what the riddle says, or once you give up, or if you really don't care to try and figure it out, check out the comments here: A riddle from the Braddy Bunch Ricky Braddy fansite

1 comment:

Haley said...

Matt's using a bed in his wedding? Kinky.