Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's days like this that make it all worth while

So we found out today that one of our writers' songs is the first single on Rascal Flatts new album. "Here Comes Goodbye" will be shipped to radio Monday, and I can't wait! This song is going to be huge. Like at least "What Hurts the Most" huge, if not more. I've been listening to this song for the last 9 months, waiting for this moment, and it's so great to see everything come to fruition. Hearing RF's recording will be one of the proudest moments of my young career, and I think it will probably stay right up there on that list for a long time.

I joined the YMCA last week, and this evening was my first chance to actually work out. I lifted weights for the first time in years, and I'm gonna feel it tomorrow. A necessary evil. One of these days I'll be ripped though, I just need to keep telling myself that.

And finally, she's on everyone's radar after being the iTunes Single of the Week last week, but check out Erin McCarley. Straight out of Nashville, she's like Sara Bareilles meets Feist. Kind of. Anyway, she's good, take my word for it. And, if you don't, see for yourself:

4 comments:

Stephanie Kaye said...

Congrats Mark!

Haley said...

Congrats! Is that the song you forced me to listen to over and over?

Haley said...

Um, I recall being made to listen to it on two separate occasions.

Secondly, I have a blog in progress but every time I go to write in it, the inspiration just isn't there.

Haley said...

So, I'm pretty smart. Thanks for the heads up.