Monday, February 13, 2006

Sometime I'd like to get away from this maddening shroud

You ever notice that people typically seem really happy when they post on Monday? Maybe its just me.

I think I'll be one of those people. I'm optimistic that this week will be much better than last. It has to be, I'm not going to let it not be.

So Dick Cheney shot a guy? That may be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Especially cuz the guy was 78 and got shot in the face and chest with birdshot. So he's gonna be ok, and I get a good laugh. Everyone wins (mostly).

My classes are beginning to intensify at this point, which means homework. I have my first finance exam tomorrow, and I think I'll do fine on it, I just need to go over how I would get the answer without the calculator so I can get those questions right. Beyond that, I have a minor project due in there on Thursday, I've got a small project due in Wellness and Nutrition tomorrow, and a big research paper that I need to start and finish by next Tuesday for Third Year Writing. I only have 3 classes left of my 8-week Jesus in the Gospel and Film: Junior Cornerstone edition, which is ridiculous. My group still needs to watch at least 3 movies after knocking out two yesterday: Jesus of Montreal (an r-rated Canadian film in French with English subtitles that was weird and had several awkward moments that made me happy I was watching it with two guys) and Jesus Christ Superstar (decent enough, so much better than Godspell, but still odd and ended rather hopelessly).

My accounting II teacher told she may "get frisky with us" on a test question last Thursday. Ryan, Bojangles, and I couldn't hold it in. It was ridiculous.

Ben and I look to embark on the journey that is Alias season 3 this evening. I keep hearing its nothing close to season 2, but I can always hope.

I've decided the winter olympics aren't as fun to watch as the summer. Especially because it seems that this year's American team is sucking it up. I'll still follow it and all, but just not with the same intensity as if I cared.

Saturday night brought my first experience with PF Chang's, and I have to say it was rather good. I'm not sure I can justify paying that much for sweet and sour chicken again, but it was excellent nonetheless.

Do I pay 16.50 for MuteMath's album online now or wait 6 weeks and buy it at their show, for probably 10 or 12? Decisions.

No comments: