Monday, July 14, 2008

It's been a long time coming...

...It's going to be a long time gone.

6 weeks later, and I'm not sure where to start.

First, I'm in! Tim and I moved in the second weekend of June, so I guess it's been 5 weeks now. During that time I have worked on finishing up the kitchen and hallway, and have now moved into the hall bathroom for a quick face lift. Here's where we stand today:

Kitchen

Here's the installed dishwasher. The drawers are now on the cabinets too, but I don't have a picture of that yet. You can also see the sink I installed.


The aforementioned sink installation. One of my finest moments.


Wainscoating is up in the kitchen and dining room, and I got this great dining table at Southeastern Salvage. Also note the new light.


Wainscoating under the breakfast bar.


My new range! It still looks like this a month after installation; I've been putting off installing the other wall cabinets for some reason.


Note the finished wainscoating, as well as the new light (which I'm still not sure I'm thrilled about...)


The new fridge


This is what the trim looks like around the hall bedroom doors


This picture is both to show you the new trim in the hall and to give you a frame of reference for the next picture...

Hall Bathroom


This is what the bathroom looks like now! This was my project for this past weekend. I still need to do trim and install the the vanity, but we're getting close.





My Bathroom


Here's the other project from tonight. We now have a mirror in the house.

Rest of the house


Bookshelves built and temporarily housed in the living room


Tim's room


Laundry


My bedroom


New furniture in the living room

All right, that about does it! Now that we have cable and internet hooked up, I will hopefully have an easier time finding time to update this thing... I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I think that we should take some time to note here the wainscoting under the bar. That's probably my greatest contribution to your home.

Was that up the last time I was there? If it was, I totally neglected to notice it.