Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Metamorphosis: Acts I and II

So, in case you hadn't yet heard, I finally have a house! And I'm renovating it! For the last two days and the next two, my dad, a half dozen friends, and I are in the process of making the house livable. Progress has been made, here's how things have progressed over the last two days.

Windows

After inspecting the house, my dad decided the windows should all be replaced. Since I built into my loan a contingency for things like this, we've been working on getting that done. Here are the new windows throughout the house:


New dining room window


New windows in front bedroom


New laundry window

The evolution of a new window:

The initial hole from the outside


Initial hole from inside


Installed inside


Installed outside


New front windows


New front windows from inside (and Susan's butt)

Kitchen

This is what the kitchen looked like to start with



After day one.


After day two


All of the cabinets we put built today


Matt and Ryan: Cabinet Conquerors

The Family Room


The indoor siding comes down on day 1


No more siding


New French doors (which Dad worked dang hard to get in)


French doors from outside

Misc



Tim's mom and Allison planted flowers in my new garden


Tim and Tracy working on outlet polarization


Carpet torn out in living room

I'll post more pictures tomorrow!

No comments: