Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Last Crusade: Renovation days 5 and 6

Today ended the bulk of my renovations! (Or at least the ones to make the house livable) Dad leaves tomorrow morning, and after that I'm on my own.

It's hard to imagine how much we've done in the last 6 days. Oh so much! I am forever grateful for my dad being able to come down for the week and make himself a slave to my investment. I just hope that as I continue to work on projects I can keep up his level of quality.

I will continue to post pictures of projects as I finish them, they just won't be as frequent. Here's the house as it stood this evening:


Back bedroom


Other side of back bedroom


Kitchen cabinets with new granite tile counters (the tile is black, it's just dirty from the mortar)


Other view of counters


Middle bedroom with new window and carpet


New bathroom door in laundry


New vanity in laundry bath


Grouted laundry tile


Front bedroom (I've finally decided to make this my room by the way)


New family room window


Trimmed French doors


Trimmed front window and door


The work crew (including the Mighty Hand of Tim) sitting on Matt's baby (the completed wood floor)


The Man of the Year

Next up: this weekend I will be filling holes in the walls and getting the place ready for my painting party on Monday!

No comments: