Monday, January 07, 2008

And the beat keeps running

My marathon training has officially begun.

I started on Saturday, running a little over 8 miles after taking approx. the last month off (smart, I know). My body wanted to kill me the rest of the day and most of Sunday too, but I was able to get out this morning and go another 6, which went well.

My schedule for the rest of the week is 8 miles tomorrow, 6 Wednesday, 4 Friday, and 10 Saturday. I think that's really doable, especially since the weather looks like it's going to be mild.

Rant of the day: What is it with people wearing iPods at the grocery store? It is an interesting social observation that in an age of over-connectedness with social networking, texting, e-mail, and instant messaging, we are trying our hardest to isolate our world. I think that's really what all of this new stuff is doing: allowing people to consolidate and control their social bubble. In an effort to make people more open and accessible to new people, we have created a socially acceptable mindset that makes it ok to cut yourself off from everyone you can. Hmm.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kaye said...

I agree with your rant. I don't understand why people where their ipods all the time. It's called actually talking to people... communication.