Saturday, September 22, 2007

Adventures in creation

I have just added a new application to Firefox that allows me to blog from my browser anytime I want without signing in to Blogger. Needless to say, if this thing actually works, I think I'll be keeping this thing a bit more current than every two weeks (or more). I guess we shall see.

This week went by extremely quickly, even with it being a relatively boring work week. I enjoyed the week on the whole, though, so I'm completely ok with it.

I have started hosting a community group through Rolling Hills on Monday evenings. We have met twice, and both times have been great. Everyone seems to really want to be there, want to invest in everyone else there, want to create a community. I'm excited to see how this goes in the coming months.

I went to my first quasi-official Big Loud Bucks company event on Tuesday, as Craig Wiseman was hosting his annual "Stars for Second Harvest" show at the Ryman. In the past this show has included the likes of Ronnie Dunn (of Brooks and Dunn fame), Keith Urban, and Bon Jovi, but Craig was having a hard time getting his friends signed up, so the whole show was performed by the Hit Men of Music Row, four songwriters that have written a combined 38 #1 country songs. The guys were extremely entertaining, the music was awesome, and it was at the freaking Ryman Auditorium; you can't go wrong with that.

As for the title of my post, it refers to my two adventures in the kitchen this week. The first was Sunday afternoon's effort to create a gluten-free Mark Wad, in celebration of Rachel's birthday. It was pretty easy to make, the only real difference was Rice Krispies instead of oatmeal, but the result was drastically different, with a lightly dense consistency. I personally prefer the original, but these kind of grew on me over time.

On a related note, I've decided to host a Christmas Ball party in December where everyone will get to create their own Wad. I'll have snickers, peanut butter cups, cereal, fudge, caramel, and everything else anyone would want to put in a Wad, and everyone will be able to leave with a recipe for their Wad. I'm weird, I know.

My second creation of the week grew out of my trip to the grocery store this morning, where I spontaneously decided to make soup today. Not having any sort of recipe and only a slight reference as to what you need in a soup, I got some chicken broth, potatoes, ham, ground beef, cheese soup, pork jowl bacon, cheese, and half and half. I pretty much threw the first six ingredients together in a crock pot for 4 hours and added the cheese and cream 15 minutes before eating. The result was an incredibly filling soup that I think, with some tweaking, could be much better; the pork jowl bacon needs to be switched to something a bit less fatty, and I might work on quantities of ingredients. I also now have seriously a tub full of soup to eat for the next week. No joke, I don't think I'll have to eat anything else until next Saturday.

Be on the lookout in the near future for more rants like my last post and hopefully some fun news (no idea what that would be, but I'd like to think fun news comes along once in a while, and I don't think I've had any for a bit).


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: