Saturday, December 17, 2005

It was beauty that killed the beast

So I saw King Kong tonight with my parents. It was... decent. Maybe even good. I just can't get past the fact that movie was 3 hours long! Seriously, he could have cut at least a half hour without losing any storylines or impact moments. There were multiple times when I thought a scene should have ended and it just kept going and going and going. It was very well done though overall, and it was worth seeing, I think.

I heard some people on some entertainment show talking about whether Kong was going to top Titanic at the all-time box office. The answer: No freakig way. I'll be surprised if it breaks $300 million. This is not the type of movie that I can see large numbers of people seeing multiple times. What got Titanic it's biggest boost was 12 year-old girls who went and saw it every weekend for two months. I remember sitting in 6th grade during DARE and Officer Bruer would ask us what we did that weekend and this one girl said she saw Titanic every weekend until she had seen it a dozen times. I can't see that same girl sitting through repeated viewings of scenes like a man getting eaten alive by giant centipedes/epitome of nastiness things that come up out of the mud (This seriously happens and is not only one of the grossest things I've ever seen, but is also one of those scenes that just keeps going).

All right, tomorrow brings the BHS Christmas Choir Concert, an annual ritual that includes some great music, my little sister, and a director who is a bit too full of himself for his own good. But I'm not bitter about him. Not at all.

1 comment:

hannah said...

ummm i think you're forgetting the 12 year old boy demographic :)