Friday, April 06, 2007

And you thought I was getting nervous

Ask and ye shall receive... kind of, anyway.

After my struggles in career-land yesterday, I woke up late this morning and was watching midday sitcoms on TBS when I got a phone call. It was a writer with the Tennessean; he was doing a story on the graduate job market on Music Row and was given my name by a professor at Belmont. After twenty minutes of what I'm sure will make for compelling journalism, it was over, and now my name will be out there. Maybe some executive somewhere will read the article, say, "Hey, this kid sounds smart enough, maybe I'll give him a shot," and call me up with an offer. Or I could just have a bunch of professors and acquaintances telling me to stick with it and something will show up, blah blah blah. I'm thinking it will be the latter. No word on when it will be printed, I'll keep you posted.

This got me kind of motivated, so I applied for three positions in town, two with management companies and the one with Sony/ATV Publishing. No word on any leads through Gonas, but that's not expected until Monday at the earliest.

Jon, Steph, and I went to the Rolling Hills Good Friday service at the Factory this evening. It was a great time of prayer and reflection, very unique.

Tomorrow is the Easter Egg Hunt, followed by a house viewing at 1:30. After that? Who knows. Maybe I'll go to a movie or something. Haven't done that in awhile. Especially by myself.

No comments: